Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Lighthouse Fire Station

This past Sunday the KidzChoir presented a mini-musical, The Lighthouse Fire Station by Celeste Clydesdale. The children did very well so it was an enjoyable experience for all. But even more importantly they learned songs that will stick with them as they grow older.
Fireman Fred (Scott Blakeney) talked about the importance of protecting yourself with the right equipment, the armor of God. I am strong, so strong when I put on the armor of God. I can fight the fight when I put on the armor of God. When the fiery darts of Satan are headed my way. I'll follow Jesus. I'll draw my sword and bravely say....
He advised them to start each day right with prayer. You must get down, you gotta' get down,down on your knees, your knees... and ask the Father, the Father of lights to shine on you...
Fireman Fred emphasized knowing what you believe. I believe in God the Father, I believe in God the Son, I believe in God the Spirit, Trinity the three in one. I believe Christ is my Savior, I believe He's King of kings, I believe He's born of Mary and His life changed everything. I know, I know what I stand for. I know, I know what I believe. God's holy word will always be my light, and I don't want my heart to be deceived.

No comments: